Wednesday 13 February 2019

HEAL YOURSELF

The trials of life never end. Day by day we are being tried. There is always something that might break us or make us. Sometimes we break, sometimes we pretend not to break. And then there are those times where we remain unshaken. Our tolerance may be different, but one thing for sure; life will find a way to break you. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with life breaking you. But there it wrong for you to say broken. A broken heart will take you to your grave very early.

I too have had my moments with life. There were times when it broke me and I thought I could never come back. I had given in completely. It never got better. It became even worse when I gave up. I needed a solution, but I was looking for it at the wrong places. I was trying to understand why such misfortune had chosen me.Why did I have to be heartbroken. I had many other questions, all which sought an answer from the without.

But starting from within is the right way to approach it. Find the part that's sore the most, and ask yourself how you could heal it. Sometimes, the medicine we seek is us. We often neglect ourselves and give away all the love. We go all out to love others and give very little love to ourselves. We take our bricks and use them to build others. And when rain comes, we wonder why we have no shelter. And what we often fail to understand is that, by loving ourselves, we learn how to truly love. We learn how to treat others better by treating ourselves better. What we want for ourselves is what we will want for others. By loving ourselves, we make it easier and better for us to love others. We find happiness within us.

Not only do we find happiness, but we also become our own bestfriend. And we get to know ourselves so well that when something is not right we quickly pick it up. This helps avoid disasters caused by issues piling up unattended. We become much easier to live with and to love and be loved. We also learn to heal ourselves without much external forces. By healing ourselves, we become independent, and are less likely to seek validation outside of our being.

Love yourself. Heal yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be your bestfriend.

WITH LOVE...
Mbuelo Ramafamba

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's time to let go

2020 was a really rough and tough year. From rewriting normal as we know it, to unexpectedly losing loved ones. Everyone has something bad t...